Sunday, August 12, 2012

Cross one off the bucket list!

So here we are in 2012!

I must confess something...I forgot this blog existed. I had it in the back of my mind that I had created one but I was convinced that I had shut it down. Today I found myself looking back at the posts I made years ago and it makes me smile a little. Oh how naive they sound...

I'd like to think that I have matured a little, found myself a little, explored life a little more. I know I have certainly changed and hopefully for the better. So why the long pause? Well...

Over a year ago I came to the conclusion that I didn't want spanking to be part of my life. I convinced myself it was wrong to want, that I needed to cleanse myself. I abandoned the stories I was writing, the websites I visited, and tried to eradicate every thought of it out of my mind. I have no idea what I was thinking or why I would even consider it. I was almost successful! But....

Then my computer started to act up and I had to back up all my files. I purchased an (rather expensive!)external hard drive and started to move all my documents over. I had a folder where I kept all my stories (both vanilla and kinky) and I opened one I had not in years, wondering what it was about.

Damn!

I vaguely remember trying to put the story in the recycling box.

Damn. Damn. Damn!

It was rescued and placed in the backup hard drive.

*It gets a little heavy here so skip to the next green line if you want the light and fluffy*

I had written the majority of the story when I was sixteen and dealing with nightmares and suicidal thoughts. Through writing, I found a way to make those thoughts and visions turn into something a little more positive. The heroine always lives and good triumphs over evil. Yes, that is not the way of the world works but eventually my world did become lighter and I finished off most of the story. I spent the next few years pick it over and eventually it fell by the wayside as life took over again.

*Heavy Stuff over now*

A long story short: I started reading spanking blogs again and eventually made my way back into the literary world. Having a little more disposable income than in my student years, I decided one day I was going to buy a spanking novel.

One became three...and I decided that it was not as scary as I thought it would be. Some were not my style, some I really enjoyed. I decided I wanted to try and actually finish my story. What was the harm?

Some long nights were had but I had done it! I had a workable story I was finally happy with.

Longer story shorter: I sent it in to http://www.blushingbooks.com on a whim. I waited (im)patiently for the polite rejection letter I was sure was going to come. But...

A couple months later the story became an e-book. An e-book! My little happy dances still happens every once and a while...

The Fairy of Everglade

So now I can cross one more thing off my bucket list!

I plan on keeping this blog a little more alive. I have found my way back to something that has been part of my life for as long as I can remember and hopefully will continue to be part of it.

That's it for now!

Keep safe!

Felicia Nemo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I love hearing from readers and I hope you drop me a line to let me know how you are doing!