Sunday, October 6, 2013

September 2013 - The Apple Tree

My apologies for not posting this earlier. I hope you enjoy reading and participating in the Story of the Month!

Welcome to the finished Story of the Month for September 2013! I have posted the sentences as they were written, only putting them into paragraphs so it was easier to read.

Contributors for this story are:
Sarah
garyntboy
tim
Hermione

September is the perfect month to go apple picking,' she thought as she swung her basket to-and-fro.

She looked through the heavy branches of her favorite apple tree to see the bright blue, cloudless sky above her and released a contended sigh. The trouble was, her favourite apple tree did not belong to her, but to her neighbour.

"But fortunately", she thought, "I know that there is a secret way that leads into the garden."

So she took off her long skirt, kicked off her shoes, and crawled under the wooden fence and through the prickly hedge, dragging her basket behind her. But alas, the poor girl had left her skirt and shoes behind in her haste to clamber through the brambles. Unfortunately, the hedge was so prickly that as she crawled through it, it ripped her knickers completely to shreds!

Unbeknown to her, the neighbours' son was watching all this from his bedroom window.
  1.  Thank you to all those who participated and I hope to see you all this at October's Story of the Month


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I love hearing from readers and I hope you drop me a line to let me know how you are doing!